Do you ever struggle with how to pray for your kids? Sometimes I do.
Do you want to pray specifically for things in their lives but you don't really know how to voice those prayers? A couple of years ago someone introduced me to FamilyLife prayer cards. They are so amazing!
Here is a sampling of the prayers I pray each morning over my children which are listed on the FamilyLife prayer cards. You can adapt these same prayers as you pray each day over your own children-
1) I pray that my children will come to know you, Lord, early their life and that they will develop and desire a close relationship to You all through out their lives.
2) I pray they will develop a discipline of prayer and time in Your Word.
3) I pray they will be caught if they cheat or lie.
4) I pray You will bring into their lives godly friends and adults who will help them grow in their relationship with You.
5) I pray you will prepare them to be a faithful spouse.
6) I pray they will treat others with love, respect and kindness- just like You would.
7) I pray when they leave my home they will have an eternal perspective and they will know their lives count for the Kingdom.
8) Today, help me to be a mother who has fun with her kids and who shows how much she cares for each of them.
9) Give me supernatural insight into my children's lives and help me to be the best mother I can be today.
10) Protect my children from emotional, spiritual, and physical danger.
A very important part of mothering, (perhaps the most important part), is giving our children back to the Lord each morning through prayer. When we are on our knees for our children, we are a powerful force.
Good mothering must always begin on our knees.
To purchase the prayer cards, you can visit fltoday.org or click here.